Thursday, June 9, 2011

LOCALS ONLY!

as I got the EYE-GOUGE 7" flexi as a present from John who runs COFFIN CUT REC. I thought I should at least write a few words about it. well, let's face the facts: the cover artwork isn't exactly the most brilliant artwork the world has ever seen! besides that it screams "Skinhead", which aren't destined to become my best friends in most cases, I just don't like the primitive drawing style in which it's done but that's just me. honestly speaking what really interested me on this flexi was the sound quality especially since John said it would be of "high quality" which I doubted but I've to give him that the sound quality is really decent and way above the quality I expected plus music-wise EYE-GOUGE aren't bad either! the flexi, that's ltd. to 300 copies, offers 5 tracks of fast and pissed off HARDCORE (they also have a one-sided 7" that's called FAST, PISSED OFF & PROUD under their belt b.t.w.) of which the longest runs 51 seconds. while EYE-GOUGE rip music-wise their lyrics are again nothing to write home about! maybe it's a "Skinhead" thing I just can't understand but "we're in this together" or "I hit you you hit the floor" bore the hell out of me! the square flexi comes with a digital download code too.
getting a good scan of the flexi wasn't that easy as it's on clear vinyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment