Sunday, December 20, 2009

POWER BOMB ANTHEMS

yesterday I was chatting with Ivan who runs FUCK YOGA! REC.and I asked him what the most embarrassing record in his collection would be and announced WARZONE's 1st 12" as the most embarrassing in mine (cause I traded their 3rd 12" years ago which is the most embarrassing HARDCORE record EVER!) but thinking about it I should have said FACE VALUE's THE PRICE OF MATURITY 12". what has that to do with GORDON SOLIE MOTHERFUCKERS' brilliant 10" which is called POWER BOMB ANTHEMS VOL. I and was released by 625 THRASH you might ask? well, it also features Tony Erba on vocals (whom they forgot to mention on the inlay!) but here you get 12 fast, pissed off smash hits and not some of the most boring S.E. music ever released as in case of the FACE VALUE 12". one of my favorite 625 releases!
edit: sell/trade me their CHAIRSHOT POLITICS 7" now, goddammit!












14 comments:

  1. Everything these guys put out is pure gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for the post ! Great vocals.
    Just heard their Chairshot Politics 7'' which also kicks ass...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this band was around at a time when i was stuggling with money so i missed buying their records
    thanks for the post
    yeah nine shocks, h 100s and gsmf are so hardcore while face value is not
    ray ss

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, their COMING OF AGE 7" really rules but everything else FACE VALUE did sucks!

    somehow I missed the CHAIRSHOT POLITICS 7"... have to hunt that down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. goddamn, this is a monster, your post remembered me of this great record and after some searching, wich of course did take too much time, I found the vinyl. and I also remembered I wanted to rip and share it, well, dont need to do that anymore

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think the 7'' came out first
    yeah maybe someone can post it.
    ok
    peace
    ray ss

    ReplyDelete
  7. get the 7" here:

    www.megaupload.com/?d=DJ572FTZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. monster is a very well fitting description...

    sehr cool Chris! danke!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 7" has definitely a better artwork but it's poorly recorded compared to the 10".
    Clevo HC rules! Don't forget also other great bands such as Darvocets, Inmates, Cider, Plague etc...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perro your list lacks RINGWORM, INTEGRITY and some others. RID THE WORLD e.g. are also from Clevo I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never got into both Ringworm or Integrity. Not my kind of stuff.
    Yeah, I forgot to mention also Puncture Wound, Mormons, 9 Shocks, Offbeats, Ruiners, Apt. 213 ect...too many great band from there!
    Cleveland related, do someone has the GAG REFLEX demos? I'd love to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. while I couldn't get into RINGWORM's and INTEG's later works the RINGWORM demo (talking about the BLOODBOOK version) is what defined the frame for what is called Holy Terror.

    and as we are speaking about a Clevo wish-list I second GAG REFLEX and like to add the BLOODBOOK that came with the KIDS OF WHITNEY HIGH (spelling?) 7"! I want to see the pics Tony Erba took of his brother while he was playing a cross-dresser!

    ReplyDelete