Saturday, January 31, 2009

THIS ONE'S FOR THE CURCH OF ZER

in my youth SPERMBIRDS have been one of my favorite bands but when their original singer, an American guy called Lee Hollis left to concentrate on his other band STEAKNIFE I lost my interest in SPERMBIRDS music.this one-sided 2 track 7" came with a German zine called Zap and delivers a cover of 12XU and a song of their own. I haven't played this 7" for many years and when I played it today I found it boring... decide for yourself by clicking the pic above!

6 comments:

  1. Spermbirds (with Lee) = boring ?
    I loved SB in my youth and I love SB today !
    One of the best german HC bands ever.
    If one of you guys is interested in the Demotape, I would be no problem. I could rip the live in Hanau 7" too.
    Btw: Nice blog Mr. Zer

    ReplyDelete
  2. only really heard something to prove (love it) and the split with Walter Elf (like it). heard sweet fa of the stuff without lee holis so cant comment on that. Curious tho how good/bad were/are Steaknife?

    ReplyDelete
  3. better than fock on the beach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pope! I want to tell u two simple things:
    -I like ur Blog.
    -I'm gonna add u if u don't care.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's give Spermbirds a chance... Old School forever and ever!

    ReplyDelete